Bruce Bonafede was born and grew up on Long Island. He graduated from high school in Langley, Virginia from what he affectionately refers to as “CIA Prep,” then attended Union College.
In the early 1980s Bonafede studied at New Playwrights Theatre in Washington, DC, and became a founding member of the city’s first-ever Playwrights Unit, forerunner of the successful Playwrights Forum today.
Bonafede is a member of the Dramatists Guild, the Alliance of Los Angeles Playwrights, and the Writers Group at Coachella Valley Repertory. He is currently based in Palm Springs, California.
Advice to the Players (full-length drama)
Philadelphia Festival Theatre for New Plays, Annenberg Center, 1986
Advice to the Players (one-act drama)
Humana Festival, Actors Theatre of Louisville, 1985
“Shorts” Festival, Actors Theatre of Louisville, 1984
- Advice to the Players, Samuel French, 1986 (one-act) and 2014 (full-length)
- The Best Short Plays-1986, Applause Books, 1986
- Dialog, anthology, Poland, 1987
- Literary Cavalcade Magazine, Scholastic, 1986
- Best Monologues from the Best American Short Plays, Vol 2, Applause Books, 2014
- Audition Monologues for Young Men: Selections from Contemporary Works, Meriwether, 2016
- Heideman Award, Humana Festival, Actors Theatre of Louisville, 1985
Dramatists Guild of America, Member
Alliance of Los Angeles Playwrights, Member
Playwrights’ Center, Minneapolis, Member
Coachella Valley Repertory Writers Group, Southern California, 2016
Studied at New Playwrights Theatre, Washington DC
Union College, Schenectady, New York